Shafiur Rahman is an award-winning UK based filmmaker. His main interests are refugees, trafficking and labour struggles. He has been working on Rohingya issues for the last three and a half years.
Shafiur Rahman discusses:
1) The premeditated and coordinated nature of Myanmar’s genocidal purge of Aug 2017
2) The framing of Rohingyas as simply victims in the mass media and humanitarian industry
3) Human trafficking as the direct outcome of States’ failures
4) Submission of video-evidence to international justice mechanisms
5) His concerns for and study of Indians in S. Africa’s apartheid and the comparative interest in Rohingyas in Myanmar and disenfranchised Urdu speaking Bengali in Bangladesh